Who We Are
Chapel and York and its associates (‘we’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Chapel and York Limited registered office is at Unit 12, Ladycross Business Park, Hollow Lane, Dormansland, Surrey, RH7 6PB and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03433025. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z8296460, and act as a data controller and data processor. Our contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Does This Policy Cover?
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that We have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Information That We Collect and where from
Dependent upon the nature of your contact with Chapel and York and its associates, we may process different types of personal data in different ways. We will only process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice. Depending on the use of Our site, we may collect some of all of the following personal data:
- Date of Birth
- Contact Address
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone Number
- National Insurance Number
- Passport Number
- Driver’s License Number
We collect information, when you write to us, telephone us, visit our website (online forms), contact us vis social media or email; third party websites (we are not responsible for their websites); business cards; visit our premises; Online forms; email forms for set ups and starters; third party software such as Event Brite
How We Use Your Personal Data
Chapel and York and its associates takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Providing data to third parties where there is a statutory basis to report and register;
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into
You have the right to access any personal information that Chapel and York and its associates processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
If you wish to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com and ask for a Subject Access Request Form
With whom we may share your personal data with
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We will ensure that your information is not subsequently shared further by these third parties without our agreement. We shall not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent.
We shall however, share your personal data with third parties, for the following reasons:
- To meet any agreed contractual arrangements we have with you, we may share your information with other service providers that we use to perform that contractual service. Examples of service providers include hosting services, suppliers and sub-contractors. We may also need to share your personal data with third party software or IT support providers for the purpose of system administration, data security, data storage, back up, disaster recovery and IT support.
- We may share your personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
- We reserve the right to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements, enforce our terms and conditions (or any agreement we enter into with you), or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business and other website users. We may also share your personal data with our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
Where possible we aim to ensure that any third party with whom we share personal data is based within the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA). In some instances, as part of our agreed contractual relationship with you, we may undertake an international transfer of information to a third party outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection that it receives in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Chapel and York Limited takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed (for example anti-virus solutions, policies, procedures, employee training). In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Chapel and York Limited only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Chapel and York and its associates, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some our products or services without it.
A cookie is a small file that is put on your computer. This file identifies specific information about your visits to the site. Cookies can only be read, and therefore used, by our web servers. Our cookies do not save or store any personal information as such; they take the form of a unique numerical identifier that enables a computer, but not an individual, to be recognised. Cookies do not detect and cannot access any information you may have on your computer.
A persistent cookie remembers your computer and, by doing so, allows us to identify specific information about your visits to the site.
We use Google Analytics to assess your experience on our website by storing a non-intrusive persistent cookie on your browser. This tool gathers anonymous data, which we use to continually improve our online services and information.
From time to time we also use other third party behavioural advertising and remarketing cookies – we can provide information on these if required.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. However, we reserve the right to charge a fee in the case of persistent or onerous requests. Please contact Us for more details at the address below. See Subject Access Request Procedure.
Lodging A Complaint
Chapel and York and its associates only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Chapel and York Limited
Unit 12, Ladycross Business Park
Surrey H7 6PB
Telephone: 01342 871 910